This project is read-only.

Sitemap Generator error

Feb 10, 2008 at 5:47 AM
Greetings,

I noticed tonight that I am seeing this error in my graffiti logs about every 2 minutes, and I wondered if anyone had an idea?

Period Tasks

Something went wrong. Reason: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Stack: at Graffiti.Core.Macros.FullUrl(String aboluteUrl)

at GraffitiExtras.Plugins.GoogleSitemap.GoogleSitemap.GetXml()

at GraffitiExtras.Plugins.GoogleSitemap.GoogleSitemap.GenerateSitemap()

at GraffitiExtras.Plugins.GoogleSitemap.GoogleSitemap.ga_AfterCommit(DataBuddyBase dataObject, EventArgs e)

at Graffiti.Core.DataObjectEventHandler.Invoke(DataBuddyBase dataObject, EventArgs e)

at Graffiti.Core.GraffitiApplication.ᐁ(Object , DataBuddyBase )

at Graffiti.Core.DataBuddyBase.AfterCommit()

at DataBuddy.BaseDataObject.Save(String username, DateTime modifiedTime)

at DataBuddy.BaseDataObject.Save()

at Graffiti.Core.FeedManager.ᐁ(Feed , Boolean )

at Graffiti.Core.FeedManager.UpdateFeedData()

at ASP.global_asax.PeriodicTasks(Object state)
Feb 10, 2008 at 6:59 PM
I will step through the code to see what can be the reason but have no idea where this null object is coming from. Would you please give me a link to the site (if it's public on the web).

JefTek wrote:
Greetings,

I noticed tonight that I am seeing this error in my graffiti logs about every 2 minutes, and I wondered if anyone had an idea?

Period Tasks

Something went wrong. Reason: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Stack: at Graffiti.Core.Macros.FullUrl(String aboluteUrl)

at GraffitiExtras.Plugins.GoogleSitemap.GoogleSitemap.ga_AfterCommit(DataBuddyBase dataObject, EventArgs e)

at Graffiti.Core.DataObjectEventHandler.Invoke(DataBuddyBase dataObject, EventArgs e)

Feb 11, 2008 at 12:03 AM
Edited Feb 11, 2008 at 2:32 AM
Keyvan,

The site is http://www.jeftek.com and the sitemap has been generating which seems to be fine when I check it in Google/Live/Yahoo tools.

Thanks for looking,

Jef

Keyvan wrote:
I will step through the code to see what can be the reason but have no idea where this null object is coming from. Would you please give me a link to the site (if it's public on the web).

JefTek wrote:
Greetings,

Period Tasks

Feb 11, 2008 at 6:02 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Feb 11, 2008 at 6:03 AM
Ok, I created a work item to check this issue.

Thank you for the feedback :-)

JefTek wrote:
Keyvan,

The site is http://www.jeftek.com and the sitemap has been generating which seems to be fine when I check it in Google/Live/Yahoo tools.

Thanks for looking,

Jef

Keyvan wrote:

JefTek wrote:
Greetings,

Period Tasks

Feb 11, 2008 at 4:40 PM
i get same error

at ASP.global_asax.PeriodicTasks(Object state) in \Global.asax:line 29
Feb 13, 2008 at 12:42 AM
I just compiled the latest code release, and this problem still exists. I just wanted to give an update since I don't know if anything is different in this plugin from the Beta 1.

The error messages are different since the plugin is renamed, but it's still in effect the same.
Feb 13, 2008 at 2:39 AM
I haven't looked into this yet. The fix is proposed for version 1.0.

JefTek wrote:
I just compiled the latest code release, and this problem still exists. I just wanted to give an update since I don't know if anything is different in this plugin from the Beta 1.

The error messages are different since the plugin is renamed, but it's still in effect the same.