Using Sitemap Generator

Developer
Apr 25, 2008 at 3:29 PM
I am trying to use the Sitemap Generator and had a couple questions:

1. What is the proper syntax for the Sitemap Path? I have tried '~/sitemap.xml' and just ~sitemap.xml (no single quotes). The problem is, that with either syntax I don't see my sitemap.xml file being updated.

2. What triggers the sitemap.xml to be updated?

Thank you,
Rob Bazinet
Coordinator
Jul 23, 2008 at 7:36 PM
Hi Rob,

1- The first syntax (~/sitemap.xml) should work as it has worked for many other instances. Would you please check your even log and let me know if there is any error or warning logged about this? Also please check your root folder to have write access permission.

2- Any update in your database updates this file such as add/update/delete of a post or comment. There may be some minor changes for vNext in this behavior.

Please let me know if there is any other problem.
Developer
Jul 23, 2008 at 10:49 PM
Keyvan,

Thank you.  I posted this almost 3 months ago, I ended up getting it working myself.  I figured this forum was a bit dead, glad to see it's not.

-Rob
Coordinator
Jul 24, 2008 at 1:48 AM
Rob,

I follow updates to my CodePlex projects via RSS feeds but unfortunately I didn't get updated for the new items so couldn't answer sooner. Yesterday I was checking this workspace to work on the new version and saw a few new posts.